Volgroup00 not found

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Sat Dec 13 06:13:15 UTC 2008

Quoting Timothy Murphy <tim at maths.tcd.ie>:

> Braden McDaniel wrote:
>
>> After installing F10 and rebooting, I get "Volgroup00 not found".
>>
>> I installed F10 over an existing Fedora installation. (I did not
>> perform an upgrade.) I can boot to rescue mode and things seem to be
>> mounted okay under /mnt/sysimage. What can I do to fix this?
>
> I'm probably out of my depth,
> but what happens if you boot with Knoppix or some other Linux CD,
> and say "sudo vgchange -a y" ?

I don't have a live CD handy; but doing that from rescue mode didn't
seem to have any effect. Of course, by the time I'm in rescue mode,
the filesystems have been located and mounted under /mnt/sysimage. If
any of the logical volumes weren't marked as available, they wouldn't
be locatable during rescue, would they?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden at jabber.org>