compiled new kernel to see if machine won't freeze

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 19:10:13 UTC 2008

> > I kindly ask for help with this machine, because I
> might just throw the towel with it.
> If you are running a kernel.org kernel (O assume that's
> what you mean) I don't believe ext4 is there, or
> it's there as ext4dev module, or similar. You might look
> and see of that's the case, and load ext4dev by hand if
> present.
>
> Haven't run a K.O kernel since I started using ext4 for
> anything, so I can't say for sure.

---

I was very happy to get a Fedora kernel and soon as I was going to reply to your message, I got another kernel oops :(, and the machine froze of course

http://www.kerneloops.org/submitresult.php?number=138190

I am sending this from Slax, it has always bailed me out.  Guess it would be best to give this a rest and then come back and check later when a newer kernel is released.

I guess ext4 is not on the kernels from kernel.org, if it is how do I build it so that I can verify that my machine will no longer freeze.  Thanks for that.  I believed since I copied the config from the Fedora kernel that it was going to work like normally it has for the past when I have built kernels from kernel.org.  On the Fedora 9 machine, I built 3 kernels because Fedora's were still at 2.6.25.X and I compiled a 2.6.26, 2.6.26.6 and a 2.6.27 kernel and then I got fedora's 2.6.27.4-37? kernel and it is working fine on Fedora 9 x86_64 machine.

Regards,

Antonio