ClamAv Updates

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Dec 14 01:50:56 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 16:07 -0800, lorenzo wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 17:02 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 15:55 -0800, lorenzo wrote:
> > > Does anyone know how to manually make clamav update
> > > itself? I tried the freshclam, but that didn't work.
> > > My updates are a few weeks old and it does not seem
> > > to be updating itself. Just wondering how you update
> > > it manually, command wise?
> > ----
> > freshclam updates the virus definitions
> >
> > clamd/clamav updates when Fedora packager gets update into
> > stream...tends to lag a bit behind the updates.
> >
> > If you want to be more on top of it yourself, get the srpm, install it,
> > get the latest tarball from source and rebuild the rpm.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> So you cannot run freshclam manually then, tried that, but it didn't
> find the program. The commands came from the clamav site, but they
> didn't work for some reason, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Its
> been awhile since I've used linux, way behind on the scene...
>
> But, I'm learning again and having a good time doing so.
----
let's keep on list...

as root...

# yum provides /usr/bin/freshclam
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
 * livna: livna.cat.pdx.edu
 * fedora: astromirror.uchicago.edu
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: lordmorgul.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: lordmorgul.net
 * rpmfusion-free: lordmorgul.net
 * updates: astromirror.uchicago.edu
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: lordmorgul.net
clamav-update-0.94.1-1.fc10.i386 : Auto-updater for the Clam Antivirus
scanner data-files
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/freshclam

clamav-update-0.94.2-1.fc10.i386 : Auto-updater for the Clam Antivirus
scanner data-files
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/freshclam

seems as though you didn't install and need to install package...

clamav-update

Craig