f9 without pulseaudio.

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Sun Dec 14 06:56:11 UTC 2008

I keep reading comments on this list that one can remove pulseaudio
from f9 and it will run like a normal alsa system.

I have removed
	alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
    and libflashsupport

from my f9 system, rebooted.
Sound in Flash in Firefox works just fine, but aplay doesn't.
If aplay doesn't work I wonder about mplayer, totem, and the other sound
producing programs that I havent tested.

So, is there anything else I should be removing to get back to
'just alsa' ????

I would really like to understand what is going on here.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com