Evolution with mapi plugin?

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Sun Dec 14 11:34:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 18:33 +1930, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Robin Laing
> <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
> > Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> >> I'm pretty sure Evo is the only game in town if you need Exchange
> >> access (not counting browsers of course). I don't use Exchange so I
> >> could change in a heartbeat (virtually all my mail is on IMAP servers)
> >> but I still haven't found a MUA that convinces me as much as Evo,
> >> despite its many faults.
> >>
> >> BTW, the new beta of Thunderbird 3 is just out. I tried it yesterday.
> >> Very promising IMHO. This could turn out to be the one :-)
> >>
> >> poc
> >>

> > Not fully true.
> >
> > I tried Evolution when we moved to Exchange.  We don't have imap or pop
> > access so it was the only option.  Of course filtering took forever and no
> > access to the exchange server filtering via evolution.
> >

> This just in (from the Evo list):
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2008-December/msg00086.html

Nice..!

This certainly looks promising for the future and might push me to
rawhide a little sooner than normal.

Now, if we could just get a first class message composer for Evolution
that lets you easily write text, rich text, or HTML messages, and allows
full editing control of fonts, colors, formatting, etc. as appropriate
for each.

Evo might actually become a decent mail and calendaring client by
then...

Cheers,

Chris

--