F9 - AMD Geode video

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 14 12:34:16 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I just installed F9 on a decTOP
> (http://www.dataevolution.com/dectop%20info%202.htm), and F9 is not
> recognizing the video card.
>
> The decTOP uses a AMD Geode GX500 cpu. I once had the specs on the
> video for this unit, but can't find it right now.
>

> Any pointers on getting FC9 to recognize the video card?
> 'system-config-display --reconfig' replies with not video card, even
> though I am in text mode...

I found:
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/updates/9/i386.newkey/xorg-x11-drv-geode-2.10.1-1.fc9.i386.rpm

Downloaded it to the decTOP and did a yum localinstall. Found out that
2.8 was already on the system, but hey, newer should be better.

Ran 'system-config-display --reconfig' and got:

No video cards were found on this system, exiting

Now what?