desktop effects on intel onboard graphics card

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:51:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:
>
>> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>> > This happens either in gnome or kde, and I have no xorg.conf.
>>
>> In KDE, are you using the setting in systemsettings (which turns on
>> desktop
>> effects in KWin) or Compiz?
>>
>>        Kevin Kofler
>>

> systemsettings.

In fact,  it was my fault.  I still had some nvidia libraries installed,
which were causing the problems. After removing all nividia stuff,
the desktop effects are working just fine, on my Intel graphics.

I just do not know how to set konsole transparency in KDE all of the time.
The terminals are transparent only when they are being moved around.

Thanks, for your help.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ