E-mail Server

Mauriat mirandam at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 17:27:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Leon Vergottini
<leon.vergottini at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been tasked to commissioned an e-mail server  in the first quarter of
> next year.  I got this task because I am the only one at work that plays and
> have a small bit of understanding of how Linux work.  So, I am on a research
> spree.  I have already had a look at the following sites:
>
> The Linux document project
> How to forge
> Flurdy.com
>
> I do not ask for step by step instructions, although it will be nice,
> however I ask that you guys will point me to resources on the internet that
> may help me in this regard.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Regards
> Leon

If your intention is only for a dedicated email server, I would highly
recommend CentOS 5.2.
CentOS is intended for enterprise, it is reliable, stable and has a
very long support cycle.

http://www.centos.org
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos#head-49a3d6a9a0c95cff0676b0209eae985780e41678
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=41
http://www.linuxmail.info/mail-server-setup-centos-5/

There are many other resources on the web using CentOS for all sorts
of server related functions.

-Mauriat