E-mail Server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 18:41:30 UTC 2008

Leon Vergottini wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been tasked to commissioned an e-mail server  in the first
> quarter of next year.  I got this task because I am the only one at work
> that plays and have a small bit of understanding of how Linux work.  So,
> I am on a research spree.  I have already had a look at the following
> sites:
>
> The Linux document project
> How to forge
> Flurdy.com
>
> I do not ask for step by step instructions, although it will be nice,
> however I ask that you guys will point me to resources on the internet
> that may help me in this regard.

If you want something appliance-like where you just add users and
everything works, look at SME server from
http://wiki.contribs.org/Main_Page.

It is mostly based on Centos (as others have suggested for stability)
but modified so all administration is through a simple web interface. It
can also provide many other services but it would be reasonable to
deploy strictly as a mail server if you want.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com