Video Capture

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Tue Dec 16 18:48:32 UTC 2008

>>On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 12:15 -0500, homburg at tips-Q.com
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Not specific to Fedora (my apologies in advance). Can
>>>someone suggest a method by which I could capture
>>>flash/flv content? In other words, I want to capture a
>>>streaming video to disk. Can this be done?

Here's a hack approach that's worked for me in the past.

While flash content is being streamed it is being buffered into
/tmp/Flash*.  It remains there until it is done being watched.  That
means there is a window of time between when the flash has finished
downloading but before it has finished playing where it can be copied
from /tmp/Flash* to (what|where)ever you want to save it.

Sometimes I do this so I can watch a clean "flash" without any of the
jerking or stutterring that may occur while watching "live".

hth, :m)