Free (as in speech) flash alternative

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Dec 16 20:02:28 UTC 2008

Armin Moradi wrote:
> The problem is simple.  I don't want to use Adobe flash and so I need a
> free alternative.
> I run F10 with KDE4.2 beta 2 (from kde-redhat repo) and it's x86_64
> arch, if any of that helps.

Sure, you can run ogg-vorbis if you want. Please go read the technical
discussion on another list, it's not a Fedora issue it's a codec issue. O-V is
free (but see the legal groups on that, as well).

> Also I would like to know if I can somehow get flash working in Konqueror.

Wait... is this a case of you not wanting to run flash because it offends your
moral sense that it's not open source, or because you can't make it work?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>