F10, VMware Server 2.0, and selinux

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Dec 17 03:35:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 08:09 +0100, Greyghost wrote:
> My recollection is that I did not have a problem with VMWare Server 1.x on FC7-10 and SELinux.  I was unpleasantly surprised after being somewhat forced to V2.0 by a FC10 Kernel update that I had to turn off SELinux.
>
> Does anyone know for sure that V2.0 does run with RHEL5 and SELinux?  If it works as suggested, then that would be a line of attack to fix the problem.
>
> One issue of interest for me is V20. fails and I can find nothing logged that points to the problem.  Is there any way to get better diagnostics on the problem?

This is the symptom I (and others) have found that is related to selinux
on F9 and F10. Several components just plain fail to start unless
selinux is completely disabled (not just putting it i permissive mode).

Just for grins, try disabling selinux and rebooting the system. I'll bet
you will find VMware Server will compile and run without incident.

--
"Only two things are infinite,

-- Albert Einstein