KDE preferences ??

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Dec 17 09:19:31 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 23:37:41 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I used to use krunner a lot with 3.5, but the 4.1 version seems slow
> and clunky. It's slower at searching, doesn't remember history (the
> arrow button) and IIRC has actually crashed on me at least once. This
> is kdebase-workspace-4.1.3-7.fc10.x86_64 at the moment.

Hmm - I have the i386 version of the same release, and it hasn't ever crashed.
It's quick, too.  I amagine that the devs thought history wouldn't be
important if autocomplete is doing its job - i.e. part-write the name and drag
the mouse to the icon that you want.  Is this too slow on the _64 version?

You could always file a wish :-)

Anne