Evolution with mapi plugin?

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Dec 17 18:13:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 10:06 +1930, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Christopher A. Williams
> <chriswfedora at cawllc.com> wrote:
> > I agree there are a bunch of other things that need to be fixed in Evo
> > besides a good HTML composer, but that doesn't make the need any less of a problem.
>
> I understand it is a problem for some, but the stability problems
> affect everyone. Unfortunately a lot of devel effort these days seems
> to be focussed on Exchange compatibility, another issue which is
> vitally important for some users but of no interest at all to others,
> including myself. So it goes. I still use Evo because I like most of
> the bits I use (essentially just the mail component) but I'm
> increasingly inclined to jump ship to Claws or the new Tbird. The day
> the cost of changing becomes less than the benefit, ciao Evo.

Indeed..! Same goes for me. I am watching the new Tbird with quite a bit
of interest.

> > I heard rumors that a newer composer plugin for Evo may be in the works
> > somewhere, but haven't heard anything official on it. We'll see.
>
> Perhaps you mean this (not actually a plugin but a rewrite):
> http://www.go-evolution.org/New_Composer. This is already in 2.24 and
> apparently will be improved, so maybe you'll get your wish.

I have seen this page before and was hoping it would be more than it is.
It most certainly is a part of 2.24, and an improvement as well, but
still lacks the key functionality I've mentioned thus far. It says they
are feature complete. If so, we need better still.

--
"Only two things are infinite,

-- Albert Einstein