Setting up Linksys WRT54GL for Remote Server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:59:04 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> Two boxes FC8-i386 behind a Linksys WRT54GL  router, both boxes have a
> static IP.
> How do I set the router to allow me to connect by port 22 ssh to both
> boxes.

You probably only have one public IP so you can port-forward port 22 to
only one inside address.  You can pick a different port to forward to
port 22 on the other box - or if you want more convenient access, set up
something like openvpn between the private networks behind the routers.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com