gnome sound recorder

N. James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 19:12:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 22:14 +0000, N. James Bridge wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 16:44 +0000, N. James Bridge wrote:
> > ... somehow Sound recorder has got messed
> > up. It now records a sound which stutters on playback, with little bits
> > of sound interspersed with silence. ...
>
> I have now got things working again by disconnecting the webcam and then
> rebooting. Simple reboot was ineffective and Sound recorder was working
> when the webcam was connected before. Presumably it's got something to
> do with the mike in the webcam being recognised as another input device

I seem to be talking to myself, but maybe someone will join in...

The problem has come back, this time spontaneously with no help from
Audacity and with the webcam disconnected. I recorded one file
successfully, saved it, played back with Totem to check and then tried
to make another recording. That one stuttered on playback.

Two questions: 1) what is going wrong and 2) how to fix it?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
--
N. James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>