mount point for new partition

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Wed Dec 17 23:09:14 UTC 2008

Still trying to install F10 on a new box with vista pre-installed.
Initially installation stopped after the message that anaconda was
running. I found out that when I boot with the kernel option "text" I
can get further. I haven't figured out why the graphical mode doen't
work, maybe there is an issue  with the videocard (NVIDIA).
I have come to the point where I must choose the partition to install
F10 on. I have created a new primary partition on the SATA hard drive,
which I can recognize by its size, so the choice is easy. Now I have to
give it a mount point. Here  would like some advice. Should I name it
"/"? I need some guidance here, because I never had to do these manual
steps before. Usually the installer can find the newly created partition.
I appreciate your help.
Peter