firefox and 'call home' addons

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:09:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:18 PM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> in past 6 or 8 weeks, i read a post about a sneaky addon that would do a
> 'call home' that tracked sign in entries and was intended to capture passwords
> and such for banks and other such logins.
>
> in past 3 weeks, i have had a drastic slow down of firefox in this install,
> which i use mostly, but no slow down in other installs.
>
> anyone familiar with this or know where i might find info on such?

I did a quick google search for : firefox addon hacked

I haven't even looked at any of the links yet but it came up with
quite a bit, it looks like what your referring too. Apparently, from
reading the blurb, they steal passwords for online banking.
I'd appreciate a heads up if you find anything particularly
interesting. I'm going to check them out and see what I can dig up.

--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand."

-Albert Einstein