Screwiness with PCI-E SATA card?

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Thu Dec 18 17:35:10 UTC 2008

Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> Any other suggestions?

I think the problem may be related to the issues people are seeing with
Radeon cards. I've had my computer lock up (just the display, SSH is
fine) on more than one occasion, and I've seen garbled text in my
browser. I've since set the boot option "nomodeline" and removed "rhgb".
I've also turned on XAA for my radeon driver. Things seem to be working
better now. When I get the courage up, I'll make a root partition on the
drive that had problems and see if the problems happen again.