nvidia issues

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Dec 18 19:31:58 UTC 2008

On 18.12.2008 18:04, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
> I had a similar problem.  After I installed the nvidia-kmod module the
> best resolution I could get is 1280x1024 yet my laptop supports up to
> 1440x1050.  I ended up removing the package and going back to the
> default install.  I have never been able to get the nvidia-kmod package
> to provide the max resolution of the card

The driver in the nvidia RPMs that RPM Fusion (formally Livna) provide
are exactly the same as the one that nvidia provide. Hence if something
doesn't work with the RPMs, but works with the stock drivers from
nvidia, then it's a packaging/configuration problem.

*Please* report those to bugzilla.rpmfusion.org -- only then it can be
fixed, which makes things easier for you, everyone else that uses the
RPMs and for Fedora's reputation.

CU
knurd