Lets test the h@!! out of KDE4.2 before it releases...

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 19:57:52 UTC 2008

Everyone wants a stable, bug free KDE4.2 release, ASAP, right ?  (Its
scheduled to be released on January 20th.)

Rex has created an F10 KDE4.2 beta iso here:
http://rdieter.livejournal.com/11344.html

Its very easy to make a bootable USB drive from this image using the
following command:

livecd-iso-to-disk --reset-mbr --noverify --overlay-size-mb 100
--home-size-mb 150 --unencrypted-home
--delete-home /home/xxx/Download/f10-kde-4.1.85-2/livecd-f10-kde-4.1.85-200812161507.iso /dev/sdc1

I have been reporting bugs to the Fedora kde list at
fedora-kde at lists.fedoraproject.org .

You can subscribe to it here:

We can find bugs in KDE4.2 now or we can find them after its
released.

Myself, I download the isos when they are released and write it to my
USB key while I work on something else.

When I have to do some browsing or I have some spare time, I boot the
USB image and do a bit of testing.

To report bugs, I access gmail with konqueror during the session.
(Konqueror now works with gmail !)

If we all spent a few hours playing around with KDE 4.2 before it
releases, it would dramatically increase the amount of real world user
testing it receives.  I'm sure this would increase its stability when
its released.

Thanks for listening.