F10 network issue

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 00:39:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Anoop <anoop.chargotra at gmail.com> wrote:

> > [rxgz at DeepBlue ]$ /sbin/chkconfig --level 35 network on
> >
> > Internet connection is not O.K.
> >
> > here when I check the network settings the subnet mask is changed to
> 192.168.1.1 ???
> >
> > address:         192.168.1.2
> > subnet mask:     192.168.1.1
> > default gateway: 192.168.1.1
> This is bug in system-config-network which copies gateway address  to
> subnet mask. I edited the interface files in
> /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices manually to set the addresses.
> I disabled 'NetworkManager' and enabled 'network' by running 'setup'.
> After a reboot everything was in place and running.
>
> Thanks,
> Anoop
> >
> > this is really strange !
>
> --

Hi,

I found the commands for working with a service via command line and wanted
to share them.

*chkconfig NetworkManager {off/on}* - enables or disables that service
*service NetworkManager {start/stop/restart}* - starts, stops, or restarts
the service

So; for my NetworkManager issue I ran these commands

*chkconfig NetworkManager off
service NetworkManager stop
service network start
chkconfig network on*

--
Marc F.

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide!"