More bad weather

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 19 01:01:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:36:03 -0500
Gene Heskett wrote:

> >Is the server set for the applets someplace in GNOME configs?
>
> I don't know cuz I don't use gnome, Matthew.

After doing some digging, I found that the user settings for the clock applet
(which now includes the weather) are, on this computer, in
~/.gconf/apps/panel/applets/applet_3/prefs/% gconf.xml

The system-wide settings are in /etc/gconf/schemas/clock.schemas

However, I don't see anything in those files that are an actual url to fetch
the data from.  Where that comes from is still a mystery to me.