Controller a specified set of services, as user, using PolicyKit

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:17:41 UTC 2008

Hello all,

My users are currently using sudo to start a certain pre-defined list of
services.
However, as sudo requires an terminal (even if no password is required
in /etc/sudoers) - I'm looking for cleaner, GUI solution.

Seems to me that adding the required rules to PolicyKit might prove to
be the best solution. (According to Google, Ubuntu's gksu might collide
with PolicyKit)

Can anyone please point me at the right direction? (Read: How do I write
a PolicyKit rule that enables a certain user-group to start/stop a
certain service.)

- Gilboa