Avahi docs

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 19 16:15:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 10:07 -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> man avahi produces no output.
> apropos avahi produces
>
> avahi []             (1)  - browse - Browse for mDNS/DNS-SD services using the Avahi daemon
> avahi []             (1)  - discover - Browse for mDNS/DNS-SD services using the Avahi daemon

I've noticed similar things, recently, with some other packages.
Apropos output gives you a listing that suggests there are man pages for
a package, yet there aren't.

And, no, I don't mean like further down Dave's listing, where RPM
package names are returned in the results.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.7-53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.