Comcast permanent block on port 25

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Dec 19 19:31:06 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Comcast permanent block on port 25
From: bruce <bedouglas at earthlink.net>
To: phil at themeyerfarm.com, 'Community assistance, encouragement, and
advice for using Fedora.' <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date: 12/19/2008 01:12 PM

> i've also known that i could get the biz level system to be able to legally
> run these services. sometimes, i haven't had the cash, others not the time
> to setup the biz accounts...

To get a business account with providers, I believe you have to prove
(with state documents, etc) that you are a business. It's ridiculous.
I'd easily be willing to pay $10-20 more a month to legally use ports
25/80 but the providers have no competition for such services. It's all
extremely expensive for /very/ basic services.