fuse changed my mount points?

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sun Dec 21 15:39:49 UTC 2008

---- Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 13:12 -0500, Steve wrote:
> > It appears that this started between Dec 9 and Dec 10 and the only
> > thing that was updated was cups.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Look through yum.log rather than just the logwatch email, for other
> things around that date.  Logwatch is often behind, or even crazily
> wrong (on my old FC4 system I still get reports about *recent* yum
> updates, that were applied years ago).
>
> It can *also* be something quite a few days beforehand, if it wasn't
> restarted for a while, and kept on running the prior version.

yum.log matches logwatch in this case. The previous entry was from Dec 07 but the messages log from Dec 9 shows that I rebooted on that day. The Dec 07 entries are mostly screensaver stuff.

I'm going to assume that I cannot find what changes on that day so my next best solution is to change the configuration so that the system behaves the way it did before.

What controls where filesystems get mounted,automount? Does automount have default locations for mount points?

Thanks,
Steve