PackageKit has eaten my system (again!)

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 22:00:16 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 21 December 2008 21:21:01 DB wrote:
>
>> Anne Wilson wrote:

>>> So what happened when you installed these?
>>>
>>> Anne
>>>
>> Hi Anne,
>>
>> any suggestions on an address from which to attempt to install them with
>> RPM???
>>

> No, but 'rpm -qi pygpgme' and 'rpm -qi python-iniparse' both tell me that they
> were provided by Fedora Project.  I can only suggest that you might have a
> mirror problem?
>
> python-iniparse was updated on the 12th December, so is it possible that some
> glitch during that upgrade caused your problem?  Dirty electricity sounds a
> far more likely culprit than packagekit.
>
> Anne

My results:

[Dave at localhost ~]$ rpm -qi pygpgme
package pygpgme is not installed
[Dave at localhost ~]$ rpm -qi python-iniparse
package python-iniparse is not installed
[Dave at localhost ~]$

Is there a way to tell rpm to go off and search a specific repo?  I
tried rpm --whatprovides yum but that evidently is not acceptable!  (The
joys of trying to learn a new system!  20 years ago, I had great battles
with the hard copy manuals.......)

Thanks for your help

Dave