F10 HD install - anyone successfully done this?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Dec 22 01:38:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:28:57 -0800
jackson byers wrote:

> My main question is how did Tom, Mike know that
> the Anaconda options
> repo=hd:<device>:/<pathtoiso>
> and/or
> stage2=hd:<device>:/<pathtoinstall.img>
>
> can/should be added to the kernel line in grub.conf?

Well, many of the options in the web page describing anaconda
options are things I recognized as kernel boot options, and I
didn't know any other place I could provide options to anaconda,
so I assumed they would work (and apparently they did :-).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options

I admit it might be nice if someone updated that page to explicitly
state that you can put those on the grub kernel line when you are
doing a hard disk install.