Text rendering in FX3

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 04:21:28 UTC 2008

"David Orman" <ormandj at corenode.com> writes:

> Just out of curiosity, move ~/.mozilla somewhere else temporarily, then give it
> a shot. That'll get rid of all plugins/customized settings/etc. Start FF, and
> see what you get. I just upgraded FF to 3.0.5 and it still displays fine. I'm
> running Adblock Plus 1.x currently, and nothing else. Disabled noscript and
> firebug for the time being. When you're done, move the directoy back to restore
> all your settings/etc (remove the new one).
>
> Cheers,
> David

Didn't help. I had tried that approach previously, based upon some posts
I found on Ubuntu forums, where folks had suggested the same thing.

There seems to be some specific conditions under which this phenomenon
exhibits itself. These seem to be xorg.conf settings, video driver and
certain image factors that appear to result in the shifting of page
layouts. I have not noted this behavior on largely text only pages.

>From my reading of the bug reports and integrating that behavior with
other posts, this problem appears to now have a known cause, though the
solution is not imminent given the graphic interface issues raised in
the Mozilla and Freedesktop reports.

Thanks,

Marc