KDE 4.1 on Fedora 10

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Mon Dec 22 12:58:04 UTC 2008

On Monday 22 December 2008 06:02:54 Anne Wilson wrote:
> No, there was a bar at the bottom, but as I described earlier, it gave only
> language, keyboard layout, accessibility options and one that shows bootup
> messages.  I did look very carefully.

Yes, but did you look before, or after you plugged in your password. More stuff
appears at the bottom only after you've typed in your password, including the
ability to select your preferred desktop - I got fooled by that one, as have
many - whoever made that design decision probably needs to rethink it...

I have switched to kdm
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD