F8 EOL?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 16:41:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:22:48AM -0500, Steve wrote:

> ---- "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yeah, the wiki search is known to be less than useful.  Google likely
> > > can provide better answers.  EOL site:fedoraproject.org/wiki, for
> > > example, yields the right page as the first result.
> >
> > It's very simple to create pages that redirect to the given page
> > properly.  See what happens when you type "EOL" into the Fedora wiki
> > search box now.
>
> Same result - no hits.

Weird, this must be a caching proxy thing.  When I type "EOL" into the
search box on the wiki, it takes me right to the new "End of life"
page.  Also possible it's a browser cache thing, so try emptying yours
if you want to test it again.

> > I also rearranged the titles of the canonical page to be more
> > searchable.  This is the kind of task that is very simple for anyone
>
> Apparently not!
> Joking, just joking...

;-D

> > to accomplish and contributes a lot to the usefulness of the wiki.  I
> > encourage people to get involved to help solve problems wherever
> > possible!
>
> OK, I'll sign up. Point the way.

http://join.fedoraproject.org/

Use the link at the top to create an account.  The username and
password there is the same one you can use to login on the wiki and
edit pages.

There is a fedora-docs-list to help get you started.  We also have a
fedora-wiki list but so far that's been more about hashing out wiki
policy.  Very low traffic though.