lost compiz Decrease window opacity with new update

Hugh Caley hughc at aldon.com
Mon Dec 22 20:00:48 UTC 2008

Before today I was able to decrease the opacity of individual windows by
holding down the alt key and running my scroll wheel back.  After the
update today I could no longer do that.

I installed gnome-compiz-preferences and the Decrease window opacity
field was empty.  I clicked in it, and held alt and my scroll wheel
(actually evidently botton 5 on my Logitech marble mouse) and now it says

<Alt>Button5

but it still doesn't do anything.

Swinging the desktops around and wobbly windows still work.  I do get an
error with gnome-compiz-preferences;  3 of these:

"Type mismatch: Expected list, got string"

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator
Aldon Computer Group

(510) 285-8542 | hughc at aldon.com