awesfx missing - can't load soundfonts

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Mon Dec 22 20:31:51 UTC 2008

On Monday 22 December 2008 19:00, Alan Cox wrote:
> > If Ubuntu can continue to provide the awesfx package on their latest
> > release (Intrepid Ibex 8.10), it is a bit puzzling why Fedora have
> > decided to remove it, when so many folks (Gene included), are still using
> > audigy (emu10k1) soundcards, which are well supported by Alsa.
> >
> > Just some comments from a Fedora user.
>
> If you have the hardware and you think awesfx is needed on Fedora then
> one option is to become a package maintainer and maintain that package.
>
> Alan

I am neither a programmer, or a package manager. I 'm just an ordinary Fedora
user. I've been using Fedora since Fedora Core 1, and awesfx was available
then, and I was, and still am gratefull for being able to use this program to
load soundfonts.

If the Ubuntu packagers for Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex 8.10, still have awesfx
available on their repo's, what exactly is the problem with Fedora doing the
same?

Nigel.