[Usability] Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:28:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Natan Yellin <aantny at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > Keep in mind that cross-posting to multiple lists sucks for everyone who
>> > is
>> > not a member of all of them because they'll get bounces pointing that
>> > out,
>> > and there's a fair chance that they won't get moderator approval and
>> > ever
>> > appear.
>>
>> True. and they are apparently afraid that my idea gets through because
>> i have been put on moderation.
>> feel free to do whatever you think is right. at this moment i'm sick of
>> gnome.
>
> As far as I can tell, you're disappointed with the way that the Fedora
> community has responded to your opinion. Instead of trying to create a fight
> or drag this issue upstream, why don't you just use another distribution?

Why did you mailed this to me only and not the lists.
O well, i said it in this thread but you probably didn't read it. I
don't blame you.. there are about 250 messages in this thread ^_^

To the subject. I said that i did find ubuntu better then fedora and
that i did use it but i prefer the RPM system and in those
distributions i like fedora the most. My top 2 list is:
1. Fedora
2. Ubuntu

And i keep swapping between those 2. Right now i need fedora because
of a development project and i'm more familiar with rpm then i am with
debs. specially on repairing an RPM issue. repairing a deb issue is a
lot more painful. That's why i use fedora and that's why i don't
switch to another os (for now). I also find rpm to be more flexible to
use then deb but that might be because i didn't do much deb devel
stuff and did rpm devel stuff (rebuilding and making rpms/debs).

The best case for me would be a ubuntu using the rpm structure instead of deb.

btw. lets NOT start flaming about the advantages and disadvantages of
rpm vs deb. i'm well aware of those!

So that's why.