Fedora 10 ctf-alt-F2

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Tue Dec 23 20:42:56 UTC 2008

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On 12/23/2008 02:50 PM, Don Levey wrote:
>
>> That makes sense, I guess - this part of the question was relatively
>> minor anyway.  What I'd really like is to find a way to do all this
>> without the Gnome session requirement.
>>

> Don,
> I don't recall fro the thread, but what Display Manager are you using.
> Does it make a difference if you are running kdm or gdm?

Good question.  Hmm... From my reading, I'm probably running gdm; I
don't have a /etc/sysconfig/desktop file, so as I understand it the
/etc/X11/prefdm file will execute gdm first on its list.  I'm a little
shaky on this, though.

OK, changing to kdm *does* seem to permit KDE's Switch Users to work
correctly.  Thanks for the lead!

 -Don