Updating and installing packages without an internet connection

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:55:54 UTC 2008

> > ... How would
> > dependency resolution work in that case? Is there any way I can find
> > that out beforehand and download all the dependency pacakges as well?
>
> Yup. Install gnome-packagekit-extra and use the service pack creator[1]
> on a live CD.
>
> Richard.
>
> [1] http://www.packagekit.org/img/gpk-service-pack.png

After I read your reply, I looked at your blog post about this. Sounds very
useful, specially for my case. How would this work exactly in my case, since
I would be downloading the updates / new packages on Ubuntu?

btw, thanks for all the worthwhile suggestions. I 'll have to do some more
reading on all these.

--
Suvayu