driver nvidia

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Dec 25 18:32:43 UTC 2008

Alain Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> where can i find the newest drivers for nVidia graphic card for F10 ?
> thx.
>
> --
> Alain
> Windows XP x64 SP2 / Fedora 10 KDE 4.2
> PostgreSQL 8.3.5 / MS SQL server 2005
> Apache 2.2.10
> PHP 5.2.6
> C# 2005-2008

I don't particularly like using packaged NVidia stuff - too much of a
pain waiting for the packagers to catch up with the latest kernel.

I just grab the right driver from
http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html.  Once it's downloaded, just run
this as root:

sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-177.82-pkg2.run -s -X

Change NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-177.82-pkg2.run to the package you download.

That will do a quiet install and set up your xorg.conf appropriately.

If you want to use packaged versions, you can use the rpmforge repo at
http://rpmfusion.org.  There are good docs there as to how to use the repo.

--
Thomas