E-mail Server

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Dec 26 04:18:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-25 at 22:34 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 21:15:22 -0600
> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
>
> > I have used sendmail as the MTA  It is easy to configure it to transfer
> > mail to a 'smart host' from a desktop.  It gets harder the more pieces
> > of it you choose to use.  Make sure you get the 'bat book' Sendmail!!!
>
> Careful, anyone saying sendmail is easy to configure may find
> mental health workers closing in on them with a straight jacket :-).
>
> I find postfix plenty confusing, but far simpler to deal with
> than sendmail.

It did take me two years, and sometimes I needed a straight jacket for
myself. I still don't pretend to know everything sendmail does, but it
finally became easy to use.  :)

I have not had the time or need to use postfix, but I hear it works
without the use of pharmacological products for the mail administrator.
You are probably right :)

Greg