libdrm-2.4.3 needs pthreads-stubs, not available for fedora, why?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Dec 26 23:39:33 UTC 2008

On Friday 26 December 2008, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> libxcb-devel (and libxcb) are ancient and do not  contain the required
>> headers.
>
>I don't know a thing about pthreads-stubs, but I had a dependency problem
> many months ago that required pthreads. It turns out that in fedora, it is
> called pth. Perhaps this helps?

Not sure, pth and pth-devel have been installed since forever.  Are you saying
I need to hack the ./configure script & subsequent Makefiles?, or what?

Here is the error:
checking for PTHREADSTUBS... configure: error: Package requirements
(pthread-stubs) were not met:

No package 'pthread-stubs' found
and there are no *stubs in the pth/pth-devel rpms.  Ack to google, the headers
are supposedly in the libxcb tarball, but the libxcb rpm available for even
F11, is many, many versions too old and doesn't contain the headers needed.

Thanks, yell if any more ideas surface.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)