VMWare 6.5 and Fedora 10

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Dec 26 23:43:13 UTC 2008

Alain Roger wrote:

> sorry Ed, but the command vmware-user does not exist :-(
> so something wrong must be with installation of vmware tools.
> what i do not understand it has been installed as they said... so i
> miss the point.
> any help would be appreciated.
> thx.
[egreshko at f10 ~]$ which vmware-user
/usr/bin/vmware-user
[egreshko at f10 ~]$ ll /usr/bin/vmware-user
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 52 2008-12-10 15:06 /usr/bin/vmware-user ->
/usr/lib/vmware-tools/bin32/vmware-user-suid-wrapper

So, if those don't exist then you haven't installed vmware tools
properly.  How did you do their install?  Did you do an rpm install or
did you install from the tar file?

I have no answer to your other question since in my environment neither
gnome nor kde will be at a larger resolution unless I load vmware-user
and have the "Autofit Guest" set.

--
I have found little that is good about human beings. In my experience
most of them are trash. -- Sigmund Freud Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com