libdrm-2.4.3 needs pthreads-stubs, not available for fedora, why?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Dec 27 00:48:05 UTC 2008

On Friday 26 December 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:39:33 -0500, Gene wrote:
>> >
>> >I don't know a thing about pthreads-stubs, but I had a dependency problem
>> > many months ago that required pthreads. It turns out that in fedora, it
>> > is called pth. Perhaps this helps?
>>
>> Not sure, pth and pth-devel have been installed since forever.
>
>GNU Pth is not what you're searching for. "pthread stubs" are related
>to glibc's libpthread.
>
>> Here is the error:
>> checking for PTHREADSTUBS... configure: error: Package requirements
>> (pthread-stubs) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'pthread-stubs' found
>
>This is a pkgconfig error message.
>
>> and there are no *stubs in the pth/pth-devel rpms.  Ack to google, the
>> headers are supposedly in the libxcb tarball, but the libxcb rpm available
>> for even F11, is many, many versions too old and doesn't contain the
>> headers needed.
>>
>> Thanks, yell if any more ideas surface.
>
>$ repoquery --whatprovides /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pthread-stubs.pc
>libxcb-devel-0:1.1.91-5.fc10.i386
>libxcb-devel-0:1.1.91-5.fc10.i386

And I can't get yumex to show me that one.  I have
libcxcb-devel-0:1.1-1.1fc8.i386, and that is not near new enough.

And it looks like the net is broken, I can only ping rpmfind.net with about a
10% success rate, and cannot connect with a browser.  Bummer.

In fact, nothing that gets me anywhere near a fedora repository seems to have
a DNS resolution.  WTH?  Anybody got the IP's for that?

Thanks and best wishes.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)