E-mail Server

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Dec 27 02:59:04 UTC 2008

Leon Vergottini wrote:

> I have been tasked to commissioned an e-mail server  in the first
> quarter of next year.  I got this task because I am the only one at work
> that plays and have a small bit of understanding of how Linux work.  So,
> I am on a research spree.  I have already had a look at the following
> sites:
>
> The Linux document project
> How to forge
> Flurdy.com

Firstly, I am almost certainly more ignorant than you on this topic.
But

(1) Is it clear what is meant by an e-mail server?
Wouldn't an IMAP server (dovecot) do the job
perfectly well in most cases?

(2) There is a nice tutorial on setting up a Sendmail server
at <http://www.brennan.id.au/12-Sendmail_Server.html>.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net