best video card for fedora 10

Colin J Thomson - G6AVK colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 09:42:37 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 03:34:38 Ed Greshko wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Thomas Cameron wrote:
> >>  From what I typically see on the lists, NVidia cards with the
> >> proprietary driver typically work well.  That is, if you don't have an
> >> overwhelming objection to using closed source drivers.
> >
> > You must not be reading the same lists I do... ;-)
>
> I must be on a totally different list too.  Or maybe it is just that the
> happy people don't post too much.
>
> I also have a nVidia Corporation GeForce 7300 GT (rev a2) and use the
> binary blob directly from nVidia.  I've been a happy nVidia camper for
> the past 6 years.

I'm one of those happy nVidia users who don't post much :) well to this list
anyway.
I am currently using 7800GS and rpmfusion packaged drivers with no problems,
KDE Beta runs a treat (with all the fancy desktop effects)

Mobo has an NV chipset and I have had 3-4 NV video cards over the years with
this mobo.

Colin
--
Fedora 10 (Cambridge)