OT: Web design applications

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Dec 31 12:36:47 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 31 December 2008 12:26:34 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I thought that a good introduction to using php would be to follow a
> > tutorial.
> > However, it's designed for use with Nvu.  I know that Nvu changed its
> > name some time ago, but can't remember its new name.
>
> It's now called KompoZer (and no, it's not a KDE app, despite the 'K'
> name). Apparently, the original Nvu is no longer developed by Linspire, and
> as they own the trademark, the fork had to be renamed.

I know kompozer - I've used it in the past (and didn't realise it isn't KDE
until a few weeks ago).  It's a lot like seamonkey-composer, but then they
have the same roots, I believe.  All the same, I've never seen anything like
the display that they show in the magazine.  It always seemed quite
simplistic.  Maybe I should look again.  Thanks

Anne