ssh-agent startup

Guillaume guillaume.chardin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:56:29 UTC 2008

2008/12/29 Aldo Foot <lunixer at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Guillaume <guillaume.chardin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > For now, when I  want to use ssh-agent, i have to open a shell, and then
> use
> > this command 'ssh-agent /bin/bash' to be able to use the ssh-agent
> > fonctionnality.
> >
> > I would like to know if there is a tip to start ssh-agent at user login.
> > Like editing /etc/passwd an adding in the "shell field"
> /usr/bin/ssh-agent
> > /bin/bash like that :
> >               ***/etc/passwd***
> >               user:x:500:500::/home/user:/usr/bin/ssh-agent /bin/bash
> >
> > And by the way avoiding multi nested bash execution, avoid user to type
> this
> > command or multiple edit/modify of .bashrc of all my users.
> >
> > thanks for your help.
> >
> > --
> > Guillaume
>
> Boot the system in Run Level 3.
> After you login in text mode run
>     $ ssh-agent `exec startx`
> The dollar sign is the user prompt. Use backticks.
>
> This makes the agent available to the entire user environment. Load your
> keys and you're good to go.
> ~af
>
> Thanks for your reply,
but my system does not use any graphical interface. So, i have to find a way
to run a bash session "aware of" ssh-agent. The previous tips from Anne is
ok, but when user disconnect their session, the sshagent process is not
killed. Now, i need to find a global config file equivalent of bash_logout
by this way i'll be able to set a command like "ssh-agent -k" to all my
users. Without editiing each ~/.bash_logout.
But if i don't find i will create a small script to add a line like this
automaticaly.

Happy new year :-D
--
Guillaume