F10 - system hangs after anacron OK

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 31 19:28:49 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Everything was working OK yesterday. I did do a yum update (had been a
> few days since the last one, but don't think I got a new kernel).
>
> Now it just sits there after anacron started with an OK.

If I press the power button, it goes through orderly shutdown.

> What do I do to get this going???

And I don't get a menu to select an earlier kernel. I tried pressing the
space bar and such. <alt-d> is what I use to get past the progress bars
to see what is happening.

I do notice that when iptables is starting there is some message about
time being off. But I can't catch it, it scrolls by too fast.