mysqld won't start [SOLVED]

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Fri Feb 1 21:38:05 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 05:43:07 pm Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008 5:31 PM, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:

snip!

> try uninstalling the mysql-server again, but this time
> remove /var/lib/mysql and /etc/my.cnf. Backup them
> up first in case you have something in there you need to keep.
>
> then reinstall again.and do "service mysqld start"
>
> ~af

yes, that worked. Thanks all. This was a new install not a production system
so there was no data at risk. a learning opportunity.

Dave

--
There is no single government agency that views sustainability through a broad
lens, taking into account the values of the people affected by government

Mr. Justice David Vickers, BC Supreme Court in Tsilhqot'in Nation v. British
Columbia,2007