[F8] SELinux, Apache and Subversion problem.

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Feb 1 22:28:08 UTC 2008

It seems that I am having a bit of a problem with SElinux,
Apache, and Subversion in the way that I have my subversion
respository located not in the "recommended" place.

Instead of putting the repository in the recommended place:
/var/www/svn for example, docs says you can put the repository
elsewhere by adding SVNParentPath=/my/place/svn entry into the
/etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf file, but SELinux does not
like it. I did changed the svn repository directory/files with
context httpd_sys_context_t and with ownership of apache.apache.
I also created a link such as /var/www/svn -> /my/svn setting
SVNParentPath=/var/www/svn - it does not work as well.

I have tested to see if SELinux is blocking access by setting
 setenforce 0, then opened up the firefox browser, entered
my user name and password and it worked, but setting setenforce 1
back, breaks it again.

Does anyone know how to do it - beside recommending that I
place the svn repository directly into /var/www/svn?

Thanks-
Dan