Firefox: unsorted bookmarks - doesn't work

Zoltan Szabo szzoli at elte.hu
Sun Feb 3 18:56:18 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I would like to have manually sorted bookmarks under Firefox (version
2.0.0.10).

Earlier I could achieve this by "Bookmarks=>Organize
Bookmarks...=>View=>Unsorted" and then dragging & dropping items
(files/folders) to their new position under Bookmarks Manager. Now,
this method doesn't work: I can drag & drop files, but folders remain
in alpabetical order.

Looking at my Firefox configurations (about:config), my settings are:
1)browser.bookmarks.sort.resource =
"rdf:http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#Name"
2)bowser.bookmarks.sort.direction = "descending" (which should result in
unsorted bookmarks according to
"http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.bookmarks.sort.direction")

I also tried to start Firefox with a new profile (deleted
$HOME/.mozilla/firefox)--no success.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Zoltan